At Champion Shavings Corporation, we take pride in the process of creating our animal shavings. Each step along the way has an important purpose, and we have spent years perfecting our standalone method. If you want to know what superior quality is, you must find it in the details. Check out our process from start to finish!
- Lumber selection – As we begin the process, we start by selecting only the highest quality, soft woods to ensure a superior product for your animals. We mostly use pine wood, because we appreciate its absorbent qualities. We have found it is easiest to clean or “muck” away.
- Dust screening – Dust, a known carcinogen, can be hazardous to the health of your animals, and to you. That is why we screen all of our wood shavings for dust, and we work to ensure they are free from respiratory hazards.
- Kiln-dried – We use a kiln and air-dry process for all of our shavings. This eliminates excess moisture, preventing mould and mildew.
- Multiple screenings – After we complete the first three processes, our shavings are screened to remove debris, large pieces, damaged or unwanted pieces, etc. We also check to ensure a quality product before getting our shavings ready to bag and ship. We are dedicated to your satisfaction, and we focus on this very important step.
- Bagging – We use plastic bags that are durable and water-resistant. This helps to guarantee that all of our hard work in providing you with exceptional animal shavings is not destroyed in the transport process. What arrives at your location is only the best!